If you or a loved one is a Veteran, getting your chance to win a new home is easy. Check out the simple steps to apply!
- Eligibility: To be eligible, you must be a U.S. military veteran willing to move to or stay in Bangor, Maine.
- Self-Nomination: To keep this process as fair and heart-centered as possible, we ask that only the veterans (or veteran and spouse/family) themselves apply.
- Application Form (You are here!)
- Essay Submission: As part of the application, you’ll be asked to submit an essay of 300-500 words describing why you want to make this Maine Woods townhouse your home. Feel free to share how this home would impact your life, what community means to you, or any other heartfelt reasons you have.
- Deadline: You have from September 18th (the Air Force’s founding date, no less!) until October 20th to submit your application.
- Judging: A diverse panel of community and military representatives will review all applications. The process will be anonymized to ensure impartiality.
- Winner Announcement: The deserving veteran will be announced at the end of October, with a key handover ceremony planned for Veteran’s Day on November 10th or 11th.
So if you’ve served our country and are ready for a new beginning, here’s your chance. We’re not just offering a home; we’re offering a community, a neighborhood, and a fresh start. We can’t wait to read your story.
Apply now and be the hero of your own journey!